Disney’s Robin Hood was never given an official tie-in video game, but if it ever did, then we would hope that it would look a little something like Of Blades & Tails, an action-oriented turn-based RPG which will be coming to Switch next year.
The top-down pixelated RPG market is a tough industry for games to stand out in, but in how many other RPGs do you get to play as a fox with a sword? You will play as Reik, a well-respected member of the fox tribe who journeys across a fantastical land inhabited by a host of different animals. Expect hack-and-slash combat in a turn-based format as you either follow the main story or search for treasures in dungeons.
Publisher Pineapple Works cite a number of inspirations for the game, from the top-down gameplay of Diablo to the deep lore of Inherit the Earth — the latter of which provides a clear jumping-off point for this fox-based adventure. We know that these suggestions are pretty wide-reaching, so check out some of the game’s features below to get a taste of what the fantasy RPG has in store:
– Turn-based Combat that allows for quick action or strategic planning
– An Open World with lots of places to discover
–A fresh, animalistic setting in a vibrant pixel art look
– Procedural-generated dungeons and caves
– A Main Storyline and various side quests
– Classless Character Development with many abilities to unlock
– Equipment of different qualities and Unique Items with special powers
– Hunt giant bugs or gather herbs and other useful resources
– Many Enemy Types with different skills that may require tactical decisions
– Join factions to gain access to even more refined skills and equipment
– Trade with rats and other profit-seeking animals
– … and more to come!
Be it the classic top-down gameplay, open-world missions or the fact that it’s all framed through a heroic fox, we think that Of Blades & Tails looks set to be a lot of fun.
While there is no official release date yet, Pineapple Works have stated that we will be able to get our hands on the game in Q3 2023 — now, how long is that in fox years?
What do you make of this upcoming game? Burrow down to the comments and let us know!
Source : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/08/get-foxy-in-turn-based-diablo-like-of-blades-and-tails-coming-to-switch-2023