DENVER (KDVR) — After potential threats were made to college campuses across Colorado that either caused a lockout or full shut down on Friday, Colorado is not the only state seeing threats to local schools.
Since the beginning of July, bomb threats have been sweeping across campuses in the U.S.
The campuses targeted in those threats were:
- University of Lousiana-Lafayette in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Nunez Community College in Chalmette, Louisiana
- SOWELA Technical Community College in Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Remington College in Shreveport, Louisiana
- South Louisiana Community College’s Young Memorial Campus in Morgan City, Louisiana
- Central Louisiana Technical Community College in Alexandria, Louisiana
- Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas
On July 7, two community colleges in Austin, Texas were evacuated due to similar threats. Authorities in Austin did not find evidence of devices at the Round Rock campus or south Austin campuses.
Most recently on July 27, more than 13 Alabama colleges were evacuated across the state and on July 29, four to five bomb threats were made to schools in Indiana.
According to our partners at WHNT, the FBI is working with local law enforcement in Alabama to investigate a large number of bomb threats.
As with the other college campuses, no evidence of an actual bomb was found at any of the schools.
FOX31 is continuing to investigate the threats made across campuses in Colorado and the similarities between those made in other states.
Source : https://kdvr.com/news/local/schools-targeted-with-potential-threats/